StrengthsQuest provides the opportunity to develop strengths by building on their greatest talents—the way in which they most naturally think, feel and behave as unique individuals.
Grounded in Positive Psychology and the Clifton StrengthsFinder, StrengthsQuest is used at more than 600 schools and universities and has helped more than two million people achieve academic, career and personal success.
Each year, the Student Leadership Programs (SLP) distributes StrengthsQuest codes to members of the UT Dallas community with the goal of creating a unified way to discuss our strengths and personal talents.
The Strengths Philosophy provides:
- The opportunity to develop strengths by building on talents.
- A way to learn how to utilize your strengths in academics, leadership, career and beyond.
- Education through workshops, individual sessions and seminars with a trained, knowledgeable staff.
StrengthsQuest for Students
- Academics — StrengthsQuest can help you thrive in your academic career by showing you how to leverage your talents to approach your coursework through a focus on what you naturally do well.
- Relationships — You have many relationships in your life as a student: with parents, teachers, professors, siblings, roommates, friends, teammates and others. Viewing your relationships through the lens of strengths can give you a new perspective about how you relate to others.
- Leadership — Developing as a leader might be one of the most significant and important opportunities you will have as a student. Learning and emerging as a leader is a process that takes knowledge, skills and practice, and it requires you to be intentional in how you use your talents.
StrengthsQuest for Faculty and Staff
StrengthsQuest offers a valuable tool to support teams of staff, faculty and administrators in facilitating discussions about team members' strengths by:
- Helping effective and productive teams meet their goals and achieve meaningful outcomes by capitalizing on the diverse talents of their members.
- Teaching the best teams to achieve success by developing a team dynamic that welcomes, values and leverages each members' talents.
- Giving supervisors tools that can provide supportive work environments and opportunities for their staff to grow and develop using their individual talents.